25 April 2011

easter weekend.

Happy belated Easter! 

I must admit that this weekend was truly blessed for me! Growing up church, Jesus, and the truth was never important. In fact, I don't know that when I was younger I had ever really heard the story of Easter. This still holds true for my family, they are not big believers and their faith is not strong. But Jesus Christ, as always, worked miracles and put it on the hearts of half of my family to come to Norman and go to my church with me and experience the Jesus side of Easter instead of the bunny side. 

As heart breaking as it is, my littlest brother who is 10 had never heard the story of Easter and had never been informed of what Jesus did for us! After I told him everything and told him that Jesus loves him very much and wants to be with him thats why he died on the Cross for our sins.. my brother responded with "Thats the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me". It was the most precious, amazing, God centered and touching conversation I have ever had! Praise the Lord! No one else could have made that impact on my whole family but Him!  

Not only did God move in my family's hearts but he also moved in my roommate and her boyfriends heart as well.  After asking and talking about church all year they both decided to go with us on Sunday and really seemed to enjoy it.  Another miracle because I never thought I'd get them to church! Praise the Lord! He is so strong and mighty! Nothing is impossible without him! 

It was a great great Easter and I could not have asked for anything more! :) 







O the blood of Jesus washes me 
O the blood of Jesus shed for me 
What a sacrifice that saved my life 
Yes, the blood, it is my victory

No comments:

Post a Comment