22 July 2011

braided bun.


It's my perfect messy, easy, cute, "wow how did she do that?" hair do.. when I dont have time to do anything else! With summer's as hot as they are here, cute hair styles that keeps your hair out of your face and off your neck is a winner in my book. I sported this look yesterday while running errands, going to class and meetings, dinner with friends, and a latte decorating event at our favorite coffee shop. Yes, it requires a lot of bobby pins but I did not have to mess with it, fix it again, or touch it up once (which is always a plus). Not to mention it's a versatile way to wear your hair. It transitioned effortlessly from nike shorts and a t-shirt during class, to looking adorable with a sundress while running errands and going to meetings, to finally looking like romantic wispy hair into the evening. Needless to say.. I love it.


It's so quick and easy to do! Just follow these steps! 
1.) Separate hair into 2 even sections. 
2.) Braid both sections far back on your head. (as close to where a low pony tail would be.) 
3.) Make sure the braids don't have a lot of extra hair coming out the ends (thats just more to hide). 
4.) Twist and wrap both braids around each other making a bun shape
5.) & start bobby pinning! (it takes a lot) 
I bobby pin it loosely at first so I have room to tuck my extra pieces in
6.) Tuck the ends and extra strands into the back where they are hidden
7.) Finally, go around the messy braid bun and bobby pin it tight! 
(I used regular bobby pins and the mini ones) 
8.) loosely add hair spray
(yesterday, I added a small brightly colored headband for a little extra somethin' somethin')

&& you're done! easy peasy .. right? right. 



Happy Friday. 
Happy weekend. 
Do something adventurous! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment