17 May 2011

home sweet home.

There is a saying; you can never go home again, and some visits home I agree 100% with that saying. Probably most visits I feel that way if I were to be honest. My home is now in Norman, going back to Tulsa seems like a past life that I have nothing in common with anymore.


But then on the rare occasion I go home for a couple of days and it truly feels like home.


This last weekend I went home, to my lake house, with my dad and stepmom for three amazingly perfect days & nights. Maybe it was because we were at the lake rather than Tulsa.. but for the first time in almost 2 years I felt like I was able to go home, to my carefree childhood home for a few days.


The weekend was spent relaxing and laughing with my parents while on the boat, sea doos, fishing, wine and dining, movies, and early nights to bed. What could be better the weekend after finals? Nothing.


I have a ton of fun, humorous pictures from the weekend but I would rather share these 4 pictures of the gems at home that could never be replaced.
























The lake is my favorite place on earth.
2 days from now, my best friend and I are going back!

Happy Summer, everyone! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment