01 August 2011

I'm a big girl now.

Mondays always seem to be drowsy and a little bit depressing. (especially when it's a summer monday and all your friends are in one constant weekend & you have school. yup. that's me.)

After class today I had to come home and start setting up bills, online payments, spread sheets for my roommates, and paying my first bills today. Yes, as monumental as it is - first bills la la la. It's been a dreadful 3 hours. Everything that could go wrong has.

And now I'm pooped. I need a monday afternoon nap inside, in the AC, away from my phone, bills and the 111 degree weather.

HOWEVER! on a lighter note :) :) I have the best best best best best chocolate chip recipe to share with all of you.
I made them last night during a shark week watch party for a group of friends! & they were a hit!

make them. eat them. love them. share them. 
& impress guys with them :) 



you'll need... 
2 sticks unsalted butter; at room temp 
 1 cup of packed dark brown sugar 
1/2 cup of granulated sugar 
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract 
1 large egg 
2 3/4 cups of all purpose flour 
kosher salt 
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda 
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips 

what to do.. 
pre heat the oven to 375 degrees 
mix butter, sugars & vanilla for 3 minutes 
then add the egg 
in a separate bowl; whisk together the flour, baking soda & 1/2 teaspoon of salt 
add flour mixture to the egg mixture 
stir in those yummy chocolate chips (the good stuff!) 
put dough on baking sheets 
stick em' in the oven until lightly browned (12-15 minutes; usually 12) 
cool the cookies 

&& serve with a big glass of milk! 


I hope everyone's monday is better than mine so far! 
Mine's about to be good after this cat nap :) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment